Parallax PING))) Ultrasonic Sensor #28015
這是可以搭配BASIC Stamp微處理器所推出的sensor, 當然, 其他微處理器也都可以使用, 功能與上述SRF05相同。非常適合使用在機器人上, 可以檢測移動中或靜止的物體, 使用時只要微處理器的1個I/O即可以。
PING))) sensor使用發出超音波(遠超過人所可以聽到的頻率), 從sensor到待測物, 藉由接收回波所需要的時間來判對距離。PING)))發出的是一個PWM(頻寬調變)的脈衝訊號, 當然也是接收PWM的訊號。
This easy-to-use distance sensor from Parallax employs sonar to detect objects from approximately 0.75 – 120 inches (2 cm – 3 meters). The Ping distance sensor has status LEDs and requires only one I/O pin. The on-board three-pin header makes the PING))) compatible with a solderless breadboard.
Parallax’s PING))) Ultrasonic Sensor provides a very low-cost and easy method of distance measurement. This sensor is perfect for any number of applications that require you to perform measurements between moving or stationary objects. This ultrasonic distance sensor is widely used in robotics applications and is also useful in security systems or as an infrared replacement.
The PING))) sensor measures distance using sonar; an ultrasonic (well above human hearing) pulse is transmitted from the unit and distance-to-target is determined by measuring the time required for the echo return. Output from the PING))) sensor is a variable-width pulse that corresponds to the distance to the target.
Interfacing to the BASIC Stamp microcontroller or other programmable controller is a snap: a single (shared) I/O pin is used to trigger the Ping sensor and “listen” for the echo return pulse. An on-board three-pin header allows the PING))) to be plugged into a solderless breadboard (on a Boe-Bot, for example), and to be connected to its host through a standard three-pin servo extension cable.
Note: For close-up measurements, the Ping))) sensor only needs to be roughly 8 to 10 cm above your working surface. However, if you are measuring objects that are more than a half a meter away, make sure to keep your Ping))) sensor at least half a meter above the floor. Please read the Ping))) documentation (398k pdf) for more practical considerations.
PING))) Sensor Features
- The PING))) has only has three connections: Vdd, Vss, and one I/O pin.
- The 3-pin header makes it easy to connect using a standard servo extension cable, no soldering required.
- Sample code (8k zip) for using the Ping))) sensor with the BASIC Stamp is available.
- Range: 2 cm to 3 meters (~.75" to 10’)
- Supply Voltage: 5V +/-10% (Absolute: Minimum 4.5V, Maximum 6V)
- Supply Current: 30 mA typical, 35 mA maximum
- 3-pin interface (power, ground, signal)
- 20 mA power consumption
- Narrow acceptance angle
- Simple pulse in / pulse out communication
- Indicator LED shows measurement in progress
- Input Trigger: positive TTL pulse, 2 µs minimum, 5 µs typical
- Echo Pulse: positive TTL pulse, 115 µs to 18.5 ms
- Echo Hold-off: 750 µs from fall of trigger pulse
- Burst Frequency: 40 kHz for 200 µs
- Size: 22 mm H x 46 mm W x 16 mm D (0.85 in x 1.8 in x 0.6 in)
•電源電流：25 mA，最大30 mA
•輸入觸發：積極 TTL脈衝，2 uS min, 5 uS。
•回波脈衝：積極 TTL脈衝，115 uS 至 18.5 mS
•尺寸：高 22 mm×寬 46 mm× D 16mm