littleBits cloudBit Starter Kit
This kit is the easiest and fastest way to turn any dumb thing into an internet-connected smart device, giving you the power to make what smart objects are important to you. The kit contains 6 of our favorite prototyping modules, including the cloudBit, which is everything you need to get started. Make a remote pet feeder! Use text messages to turn lights on and off! Perfect for hackers, designers, makers and tinkerers of all levels--without the programming, soldering and wiring normally required. Works out of the bag and also works seamlessly with all other littleBits products.
Included in the Box
- 6 modules that give you everything you need to make powerful internet connected devices: cloudBit, USB Power, Long LED, Servo, Sound Trigger, Button.
- Accessories included: wall power adapter (connects USB power to outlet), 2 mounting boards, 1.5m usb cable (connect USB power to computer).
cloudBit Starter Kit Value Propositions
- Includes everything you need to make internet-connected devices right out of the box
- Connect everything! Now your entire littleBits library can talk to the internet and vice versa
- Automate with IFTTT to connect with any web service, like Facebook, Gmail and Twitter, or hardware like NEST and Phillips HUE
- Remote control and readout to control your circuits across the room or across the world
- Code with the cloud API or using the Arduino module for further customization [optional]
littleBits is the New York-based hardware startup that is on a mission to Democratize Hardware by
empowering everyone to Create Inventions, large and small, with a platform of easy-to-use Electronic
Building Blocks. The company’s innovative building blocks snap together with magnets to allow anyone to
build, invent, and prototype with electronics independent of age, gender and technical background – no
soldering, wiring, or programming required. littleBits breaks down powerful technology – from music with the
littleBits Synth Kit, to the Internet of Things with the Smart Home Kit – and makes the technology accessible
and easy to understand. The company was founded in 2011 by MIT graduate, TED Senior Fellow and
cofounder of the Open Hardware Summit, Ayah Bdeir, and has grown to be a global leader in hardware.
Bdeir was named one of Fast Company’s Most Creative People in Business, one of Inc.’s “35 Under 35” and
"Entrepreneurs to Watch," one of Entrepreneur's "10 Leaders to Watch," one of Popular Mechanics’ 25
Makers Who Are Reinventing the American Dream, and one of MIT Technology Review’s 35 Innovators
Under 35. The littleBits platform includes more than seven kits and 67 interoperable modules with millions of
products sold in over 100 countries around the world. The company was named in CNN’s “Top 10 Startups
to Watch”, one of the CNBC Next List, and has been profiled by the BBC, Bloomberg, CNBC, Wired,
Popular Mechanics. To learn more, visit littleBits.com.